It's the end of my first day back in San Francisco, coinciding with the last day of July. That. Is. Seven. Months. Seven Months. Gone like that.
No surprise here, but I'm kind of wondering where on earth this month - and the six months prior - went. 2016 is quite simply whizzing by, and while I'm incredibly proud and happy about many of the big changes and small moments that have happened so far this year, I'm also conscious that there's a lot more I'd like to accomplish before the year is through.
So with that said, where does that leave us for July?
- 213 straight days of blogging
- 191/213 days of meditation. Yeah, I totally fell off the wagon in July, somehow meditating only 9 times and missing 22 days. Not happy about this. And you know what? I can feel the difference--seriously! Amazing what a simple 10 minutes of mindfulness per day can really get you. There's real value there.
- This is the big one: I completed weekends eight, nine, and ten of yoga teacher training, passed all my exams, and that means I AM NOW A CERTIFIED YOGA TEACHER!!! So excited and proud.
- I took my first baby steps back into running with a little 2.5km trot.
- I visited fabulous New York City, where I enjoyed New York bagels, lounged on the High Line, and taught yoga in the park!
- I hopped a bus to Washington, DC, where I ran around admiring monuments, and failed, wildly, at renting a bicycle.
- I hosted my lovely friend Beth and my little sister Dania, and a good time was had by all!
- I attended a fantastic West End play: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
Favorite moment of the month: Graduation day. Sharing and crying together. 108 sun salutations. A picnic. And a little acro yoga thrown in for good measure.
Quote of the month: "Just like the sun, I burn and I shine. That is what I do." (variation of a quote by Andrea Dworkin)
Goal for next month: Get back into a daily meditation practice, because I know it makes me feel better, calmer, and more aware - which is exactly what I'm going for!
Second goal for next month: Keep up with yoga. I'm a teacher now. Let's see me teach.
This was a big month, and the year is racing right along. I'm having mixed feelings about things at the moment, but ultimately there's still so much to be grateful for, and to look forward to.
August is going to be a great month. I can feel it.
Let's do this!