Here we are again: the end of another month. For reals. Which means there's exactly 31 days left in the entire freaking year.
This brings up a mixed bag of emotions for me. On the one hand, I'm pretty proud of some of the changes that have taken place in my 2016 life, and I'm really looking forward to a couple of things in 2017 already.
On the other hand, it's clear at this point that there are 2016 goals that are simply not going to get accomplished. I wrote about my overall 2016 goals back in early July, and then I revised this to a Top 3 Key Goals when there were 100 days left in the year. "It's time," I said back then. And with 31 days to go, it is quite clear to me that I am not going to accomplish a single one of those 3 key goals. That's really disappointing, particularly as I don't have any "excuses" so much as I just didn't make it happen. Does that make this whole year, or even this whole experiment of tracking my progress, a failure? Of course not. It's worth noting, but not worth dwelling on. That's all. And since I can at least recognize that these goals are STILL important to me, maybe that just means I put them on the 2017 list and see what happens then.
In the meantime, revisiting November leaves me with the following:
- 335 straight days of blogging (31 to go!)
- 257/335 days of meditation
- I started a new trip around the sun on my birthday, celebrating with a little gratitude!
- I made my fifth trip of the year home to Geneva, where I introduced my boyfriend to my Dad, played tour guide around town, made a side trip to Gruyères and Montreux, and celebrated L'Escalade with great friends.
- I also made another trip to Paris for business meetings, and lost my Portuguese virginity with a weekend/birthday party in Lisbon
- I wept over the state of America
- I celebrated Thanksgiving in London with wonderful expat friends
- I hit the 50% mark of my 2016 running goal. Beyond the blog, I also took my first-ever barre class (loved it!), and my first-ever Mysore-style self-practice yoga class (craaaazy!)
Favorite moment of the month: Well, it's pretty much just gotta be my birthday. The sunshine, the gorgeous Lisbon views, the delicious Portuguese food, the cute boy toy at my side... It really was one of my very best birthdays ever!
Quote of the month: "No one is ever truly ready to do something. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now." ~Hugh Laurie
Goal for next month: I feel like these "goals for next month" tend to get ignored, largely because I don't really revisit my blog until the end of the next month and then realize, "uh, oops -- I didn't do that." So with one month to go now, my goal is this: I just want to enjoy the rest of 2016. I want to go out on a high note. I want to be happy and celebrate all of the successes of the past year.
And with that...we're off! Let's do it, December. Let's give 2016 the send-off it deserves.