Welcome (back) to Those Happy Moments!
I can't believe it's now been a whole two years since my very first blog post, back when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and definitely had no idea where this adventure would lead me.
If you're new to this blog, or need a refresher, here's a quick recap:
- I started this blog on January 1st, 2016, because I simply wanted to do a little something for myself, and wanted to bring more happiness to a life I felt sure was missing something.
- Somehow, against my own expectations, I wrote a blog post for every single day in 2016: Every day, I found something to be happy about! I wrote about travel, about food, about exercise, about trying new things, movies, taking a walk, overcoming injury, celebrating holidays, dealing with sadness, certifying as a yoga teacher, that time I was stalked by a pigeon, and so much more.
- The result? A full 366 days' worth of Happy Moments ... which meant that - like it or not - there was no way I couldn't look back and see an incredibly happy year. And THAT, in turn, meant that I must have become a much, much happier person than I'd ever given myself credit for before along the way.
- In 2017, I took a break from blogging, but was thrilled to find that the additional happiness stuck with me! I was still finding, noticing, and creating Happy Moments left and right - it had really become second nature to me.
- So I started to think: Was it possible this might help someone else?
- And so, in the second half of 2017, I wrote a book about it! It lays out how you too can find, notice, and create your own Happy Moments! It's organized into 10 chapters laying out the 10 most common themes I encountered during my one-year experiment. Each chapter has examples, humorous stories, insights, and practical exercises for you to challenge yourself with.
Which brings us full circle to January 2018, and now you're all caught up! This year, I'll be taking a slightly different tack: I won't be blogging every single day, but I'll still be looking for new ways to bring Happy Moments to the forefront of my own life, while hopefully inspiring you to do the same! I look forward to sharing the experience with you along the way, and hope you will share some of your own Happy Moments with our community, too!
Now let's do this: Let's have our happiest year ever.